Girl, 15, Tragically Dies After Eating Takeaway Kebab

Share

A court has heard how fifteen-year-old Chloe Gilbert tragically died after eating a kebab earlier this year. 

The schoolgirl, who had a severe dairy allergy, was on a shopping trip with friends in Bath in March when she went into anaphylactic shock after inadvertently eating a kebab containing yoghurt.

She began to feel unwell shortly after eating the meal, and a passer-by attempted to save her by administering an EpiPen (used to treat severe reactions) before paramedics arrived and airlifted her to Bath’s Royal United Hospital. Sadly, she was pronounced dead just two hours after eating the meal.

chloe-bbc

Assistant coroner for Avon, Dr Peter Harrowing, said:

“This was an accidental exposure to dairy products to which Chloe was severely and seriously allergic and therefore her death is an accidental death.”

Speaking at the inquest, Chloe’s parents paid tribute to their daughter:

“Our dear Chloe, a true angel, is loved and so dearly missed by us, her brother, all her friends and family,”

“Thank you to all the services that tried to help Chloe that tragic day.

“Also the shop workers near by, the members of the public and Chloe’s friend who did everything she could.”

Such a sad story, our thoughts go out to Chloe’s family.

H/T: BBC

Next Post
Share

Today on The Hook

Margot Robbie Is Unrecognisable In Photos From Her Latest Movie 'Mary Queen Of Scots'
Here's When And Where You Can See The Solar Eclipse In Britain Today
This New David Fincher Netflix Series 'Mindhunter' Looks Like The New 'Hannibal'
Woman "Punches Herself And Leaves Cinema Screaming" After Watching 'Annabelle: Creation'

Best Video Of The Week

Donald Trump Has A New Anthem

Best of trending news