20 Facts You Really Didn't Want To Know
Hey kids! Wanna learn some cool, safe facts?
No? Oh right… we had a load of nice things for you to know but, you know, guess not.
All we have now are these factory reject facts… enjoy?
1. Ninety percent of paper money in the US contains traces of cocaine.
But don’t go sniffing your notes for a buzz. The 2009 report indicated that most dollars only contained only .006 micrograms of cocaine, which is a thousand times smaller than a grain of sand.
2. Baby foreskins are sometimes used as replacement skin for burns victims.
Soldiers also benefit from the use of baby foreskins. It’s because they stimulate the growth of new skin.
3. Baby Koalas have been known to eat their own mother’s… leavings.
It’s because newborn koalas can’t digest eucalyptus so they indulge themselves in the bacteria found in their mother’s droppings so they can develop the ability to.
4. And it’s vice-versa for cats!
Mother cats do it for cleanliness and to keep smell to a minimum. Also it keeps predators at bay… somehow?
5. Red eyes at pools are down to urine, not chlorine.
On June 24 the CDC said that chlorine doesn’t cause your eyes to turn red. Pee does. They said nitrogen in the urine combines with chlorine to create something called chloramine. Chloramine makes your eyes red. And its primary ingredient is urine.
6. When you smell something, it means the molecules from the object are landing in your nostrils.
And that includes EVERYTHING. Feel a bit sick now…
7. Male foetuses get erections in the womb.
And this carries on through their whole lives… until they need help from a magic tablet.
8. BY ACCIDENT… a man’s penis and testicles were removed during surgery.
In 1999, 67-year-old Hurshell Ralls went into surgery for bladder cancer. When he awoke after the operation, the cancer was gone, and so was his penis.
Hurshell told Good Morning America that his wife broke it to him “‘Honey, it’s over. They got all the cancer. But they had to remove your penis.’ I was one mad dude, you know.”
9. Ducks are the most prolific rapists in the animal kingdom.
A third of all duck sex is forced!
It’s been observed by the scientific community that male duck genitals are actually evolving to become more successful at raping; and female duck genitals are evolving to avoid getting pregnant. It has been dubbed a “sexual arms race.”
10. On land, you are never more than 6-feet away from a spider at any given moment.
Proof is in the pudding… well, the Wired article.
11. 48% of fizzy drinks from fast food restaurants contain bacteria from faecal matter.
…11% contain E Coli
12. Crucifixion in the official death penalty in Sudan.
Even those guilty of sodomy, weapon possession, and prostitution receive capital punishment.
13. Hitler and Stalin were both nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.
The Hitler nomination was a joke from a jolly Swedish MP in 1939. Stalin’s genuine nominations came in 1945 and 1948.
14. In the year 2020, scientists say that chocolate will start to disappear from earth.
We’re eating it faster than it’s being grown!!!!!!!!11!!11!one!!!1
15. There are 100 billion dead people beneath you
Not you specifically but you get the idea. Around 106 Billion people have graced earth. Nearly 7% of them are wandering about today.
16. In the United States, every year 2,500 left-handed people die from using equipment that was designed for right-handed people.
Which presumably means that they are right-handers being killed from using left-handed duds?
17. Feet can sweat up to 20 litres a day
Which is… nice.
18. You are more likely to die on your way to buying a lottery ticket than to win the lottery itself.
Never say never!
19. A single kiss can transmit 40,000 parasites and up to 250 types of bacteria.
20. Here’s one fact you actually do want to know. You don’t actually eat 8 spiders in your sleep in your lifetime. In fact, the number is almost definitely zero. That ‘fact’ was a myth made up to haunt arachnophobes for life.