15 Scarily Real Photos
1. Starting in the 1980’s, mysterious holes like this one have been found randomly throughout Russian forests. Anyone brave enough to head down into one and have a look never finds any kind of digging equipment nor signs of human inhabitance. Creepy.
3. This is Ilse Koch, “The Bitch of Buchenwald”. Her atrocities included making lampshades from skin.
4. This disembodied head was kept as a keepsake of the first ever ‘posessed’ nun.
5. The mummified heart of Augustus Delagrange, with stake hole and all. His community decided he was a vampire and to blame for 40 deaths before being killed in 1912.
6. This is Madam Violet, queen of the Edinburgh vampire hive. Yes, those are apparently a thing, and they have a monarchy. She was supposedly voted the scariest woman alive in both 1882 and 1884. They did voting back then?
7. Caught on a security camera in a hospital, this image shows an odd creature that appeared over a patient who died not long afterwards.
8. The husband took this photo several days after his wife’s death, pretending she was still alive. He’s kind of pulled it off, her pose is strikingly similar to a popular snapchat favourite.
9. The creepy ‘Kiss of Death’ statue in Barcelona’s Poblenou cemetery.
10. John Torrington was part of the Franklin Expedition in the 1840’s. After the ship sank, and the remaining crew contracted lead poisoning from tainted cans, they became deranged and attempted to carry furniture across Canada on foot and all inevitably succumbed to death. Torrington was buries in permafrost, allowing him to be preserved almost perfectly.
11. A mysterious creature that supposedly washed ashore at Folly Beach, SC. Also supposedly 10ft long. Supposedly.
12. A facial composite of what Mozart might have looked like, in case you ever wondered.
15. The bound feet of a Chinese woman. Compared a teacup and ordinary woman’s shoe.