20 Absolute Truths Dog Owners Should Know
DogHeirs is a community that is passionate about helping dogs live healthier and happy lives. They recently compiled a list of 20 things that dog owners need to know, and we think it’s pretty cool and spot on.
1. Don’t ignore me for too long. Dogs may only live for 10 to 15 years. It seems like forever when you’re away from them.
2. Take me to new places to meet friendly people and animals. Dogs may be sceptical or frightened of them at first, but if you help them through these new experiences they will become more confident and trusting of others.
3. Don’t throw me away when new family members arrive. Dogs will take on new family members as their family too, growing to love and protect them.
4. Don’t get mad at me when I jump up. Sometimes they can’t help getting excited and wanting to give you a hug.
5. Teach me new things. Dogs love making you happy so teach them what you’d like them to do. Learning is great exercise.
6. Don’t get frustrated and give up on me. They don’t understand your language, but they try their best to learn. Give them time to understand.
7. Don’t take out your stress on me. No matter how your day went,they will always be happy to see you.
8. Give me comfort when I’m scared. They will always feel better when with you.
9. No matter how busy you are, try to spend a little bit of quality time with me every day.This is truly what they look forward to the most, and the reason why they run and jump all over you as soon as you enter the door.
10. Don’t leave me outside when it’s too hot or too cold. Dogs don’t have anywhere to go to stay cool or to keep warm and don’t know how to escape if they end up in a desperate situation.
More Over The Page