This Gruesome Snakebite Took A Turn For The Worse

Share

2

 WARNING: Graphic Images Within This Article

This horrific picture shows a 13-year-old girls leg that shrivelled up after a snake bite. The venom from the snake bite caused severe necrosis, which is the premature death of cells. This caused the tissue in her leg to die, and the result is the image you see below.

 

1

“This girl has had classic rural treatment which is often only able to treat local infection secondary to the bite (at best say equal to antibiotics). But she is unlikely to have received anti-venom treatment (which entails giving treatment to stop blood clotting) to keep her blood flowing through her body.”

Dr Arun Ghosh, a private GP in Liverpool

Next Post
Share

Today on The Hook

ASOS Are Introducing A New Service That Lets You "Try Before You Buy"
The 'Stranger Things 2' Pop Culture References You May Not Have Noticed
Study Reveals That Watching Horror Films Actually Helps You Lose Weight
These Are All The People Who Have Already Smashed Their iPhone X

Best of trending news