17 Eye-Opening Facts About Sex
1. An orgasm might be able to clean your sinuses
This is according to the Journal Of Medical Hypothesis. Sounds fancy, we shall take their word for it.
2. Men used to have penis spines
Thankfully somewhere along the road of evolution this stopped happening, as it would have meant a spiky….
3. Sex can temporarily wipe your memory
In 2011 there was a widely reported case of a woman who suffered memory loss immediately after orgasm. “Both the patient and her husband stated that after climax she was unable to recall events of the preceding 24 hours.” Sounds like a likely excuse for getting out of some kind of family dinner.
4. Apple consumption has been linked to better quality sex life
It’s true! Cue men and women reaching out to their fruit bowl as they carry on reading.
5. The average clitoris is the size of a medium zucchini.
We only get to see the tip of the iceberg. More importantly, who decided on Zucchini when thinking of vegetables to compare the clitoris with?
6. There are 8,000 nerve endings in the clitoris
7. Short men say they get more sex
Here at helloU, we are pleased to announce that we satisfy our other halves 200% more than other businesses. Wowser, go us
8. Penis size and shoe size are not correlated
What? And so goes decades worth of philosophy straight out of the window.
9. Wearing a condom makes no difference to how long you last
They’ve researched it. There are thousands of men that will disagree. But when has science ever been wrong?
10. One type of medication for OCD can cause people to orgasm when they yawn.
11. You’re more likely to orgasm with warm feet.
Does this mean it is cool to keep your socks on?
12. Women have wet dreams too
According to a 1953 study by Alfred Kinsey, 37% of women orgasm in their sleep by the time they reach 45 years old. Alfred Kinsey, as a side point, also took his under-age daughter to a public toilet in New York and showed her men moving between cubicles to prove to her that gay people do exist.
13. Natural vaginal lubricant contains a substance called squalene, which is also found in shark livers.
14. Agalmatophilia is sexual attraction to statues or mannequins.
15. By their late teenage years, three-quarters of people have had sex.
According to the Kinsey Institute. And more than two-thirds of all sexually experienced teens have had two or more partners.
16. People aged 18 to 29 have sex an average of 112 times per year.
It’s true! What a raunchy bunch.
The same study found that 30- to 39-year-olds had sex an average of 86 times per year, and 40- to 49-year-olds an average of 69 times per year.
17. Men who cheat on their wives are more likely to die of cardiac arrest during sex.
Serves them right?