40 Thoughts People Have Working In Retail
27. OK. Never mind. I’m not getting stabbed over a vest.
28. I’m drinking as soon as my shift is over.
29. I’m drinking as soon as my dinner starts.
30. New company playlist? It’s finally over…
I’ll check the tiny room that is ‘the back’
31. It’s October and the Christmas playlist has started
32. If I have to hear “Pumped Up Kicks” one more time, I will gauge my eyes out.
32. Yeah mate, I will gladly throw your rubbish away, no problem.
33. No, you cannot use the shop toilet.
34. We have dressing rooms, why are you changing in front of me?
35. No, I’m not finding your 16 year old child a “sexy” outfit.
36. You destroyed that entire pile of shirts for the extra small sitting on top?
37. I cannot lower prices mate, I’m not the CEO.
38. I’m going to nod my head and not do anything my manager is saying.
39. I’m going to be folding clothes for the rest of my life. I promise to have a new job this time next year.
40. It’s a year later and I’m still here folding clothes, what am I doing with my life?
You’ve spent your first year in retail, congratulations.